- linuxfb based Qt® 5.4 plugin for Linux® OS
- Enables 2D accelerated Graphical User Interfaces (GUIs) on Xilinx® Zynq®-7000 AP SoC
- Works with the lightweight graphics engine built of logicBRICKS IP cores: - logiCVC-ML Compact Multilayer Video Controller
- logiBITBLT Bit Block 2D Graphics Accelerator
- Supports the following HW accelerated graphics operations: - 32-bit pixel format (RGB32_DRGB and ARGB32_ARGB)
- solid rectangle fill
- blend rectangle fill (alpha supplied as 8-bit value)
- copy rectangle
- blend rectangle
- blend rectangle + alpha as 8-bit value
- stretch rectangle
- stretch blend rectangle
- stretch blend rectangle + alpha as 8-bit value
- Available free reference designs for popular evaluation kits
- Support provided by Xylon
Xylon provides a complete set of logicBRICKS IP cores and related software drivers to enable use of the Qt, a leading cross-platform application and UI development framework, for rapid development of Linux software applications with a Graphical User Interface (GUI) on the Xilinx Zynq-7000 All Programmable SoC.
Minimum Zynq-7000 AP SoC configuration to run the Qt requires the logiCVC-ML display controller IP core and the standard Linux framebuffer software driver. High-resolution graphics content require a very high usage of the SoC processing system and can cause an overall application’s performance bottleneck. XylonQPA plugin enables Qt 5.4 GUIs accelerated by the logiBITBLT 2D graphics accelerator IP core that improves graphics performance and offloads the processing system for other system tasks.
The bellow figure shows the benchmarked graphic performance of the common blending operation between two graphic objects (bitmaps) performed on the Xilinx ZC702 kit running the Linux OS and the QtPerf application for Qt graphic performance testings. The benchmark results shows that the logiBITBLT IP core and the XylonQPA plugin can deliver 2-3x performance improvement (for the specific graphics operation) and significant offloading of the processing system. The performance of real-life GUI applications depend on the overall SoC architecture, the software architecture and the number and type of used graphics operations.
Click on Images to Enlarge!
Note: 100% occupation of a single CPU core presented as 50% occupation of the processing system
How to Get It and Evaluate?
XylonQPA Qt 5.4 plugin is available for download within standard software deliverables of free Xylon logicBRICKS reference designs, which also include the complete software support for Linux OS, demo applications, configurable evaluation logicBRICKS IP core, hardware files for Xilinx Vivado® Design Suite and documentation.
Click to download free reference designs and learn more:
- logiREF-ZGPU-ZC702 for the Xilinx ZC702 Evaluation Kit
- logiREF-ZGPU-ZC706 for the Xilinx ZC706 Evaluation Kit
- logiREF-ZGPU-ZED for the ZedBoard kit from Avnet Electronics Marketing
- Xylon - logicBRICKS IP cores and software drivers adaptations
- logicBRICKS support for Android
- logicBRICKS support for Windows Embedded Compact 7 and 2013
* logicBRICKS(TM) is a trademark of Xylon. All other trademarks and registered trademarks are the property of their respective owners.