Automotive logiADAK 3.0 Advanced Driver Assistance Development Kit with logiOWL IP enables on-target, full vehicle level multi-camera calibration in seconds
SAN JOSE, Calif., February 24, 2015
– Xilinx, Inc. (NASDAQ: XLNX) and Xylon today announced new industry leading automated multi-camera image stitching IP for 2D/3D surround view systems. The Automotive logiADAK 3.0 Advanced Driver Assistance Development Kit with logiOWL IP enables on-target, full vehicle level multi-camera calibration in seconds for Tier One automotive electronics suppliers and OEM automakers. Learn more about the logiADAK 3.0 Advanced Driver Assistance Kit by visiting Xilinx at Embedded World, Feb. 24-26, Stand 1-209 in Nuremberg, Germany.
The new logiOWL IP in the logiADAK 3.0 Automotive Driver Assistance Kit is based on the Zynq® All Programmable SoC which improves design accuracy, reduces manufacturing costs due to manual calibration process, and decreases time on final test and validation. The logiOWL-based Auto calibration runs fully embedded in the vehicle and enables full vehicle level multi-camera calibration in as little as 10 seconds. The multi-camera calibration process does not require a complex calibration site, is simple and inexpensive, and can be easily executed in repair shops without specialized training.
The Automotive logiADAK 3.0 Advanced Driver Assistance Development Kit with automated calibration includes:
- 360 degree surround view with 3D and bird’s eye viewing modes using up
to six cameras, enabling the rapid development for larger vehicles
including commercial trucks
- Rear-view camera with a wide array of customizable viewing modes, including Rear Cross path indicators
- Pedestrian detection with tracking capability for forward camera collision avoidance
- Lane departure warning
- Blind spot detection using Optical Flow
- Face Detection and Tracking
“The logiOWL IP solves one of the most difficult and expensive problems in traditional multi-camera surround view systems, eliminating much of the cost and complexity associated with camera alignment during vehicle assembly or service,” says Nick DiFiore, director of Xilinx’s automotive segment. “The Xilinx and Xylon innovation is a critical element to enabling more widespread, cost effective, deployment of multi-camera ADAS systems.”
“In addition to our new logiOWL IP, the logiADAK 3.0 now provides PC based tools for generating customized 3D views and IP fully integrated with the Xilinx Vivado® Design Suite to enable more advanced future ADAS developments,” said Davor Kovacec, founder and CEO of Xylon.
The logiADAK 3.0 Advanced Driver Assistance Development Kit is now available through Xylon, a Premier Member of the Xilinx Alliance Program, at http://www.logicbricks.com/
. To learn more about the fully qualified Xilinx Automotive (XA) Zynq-7000 All Programmable SoC products visit http://www.xilinx.com/products/silicon-devices/soc/xa-zynq-7000.html
Xylon is an electronics company focused on FPGA designs. The company was founded in 1995, and since then it has grown into a prominent provider of intellectual property in the fields of embedded graphics, video and networking. For more information, visit www.logicbricks.com
Xilinx is the world’s leading provider of All Programmable FPGAs, SoCs and 3D ICs. These industry-leading devices are coupled with a next-generation design environment and IP to serve a broad range of customer needs, from programmable logic to programmable systems integration. For more information, visit www.xilinx.com
© Copyright 2015 Xilinx, Inc. Xilinx, the Xilinx logo, Artix, ISE, Kintex, Spartan, Virtex, Vivado, Zynq, and other designated brands included herein are trademarks of Xilinx in the United States and other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.