logiREF-VROT-FMC is a free and downloadable logicBRICKS reference design that showcases a real-time video rotation for an arbitrary angle, which can be dynamically changed in sub-degree steps. The video rotation works with a video output latency that can be as low as one frame time. Designed by standard off-the-shelf evaluation logicBRICKS IP cores, the demo SoC also demonstrates video frame grabbing, frame rate conversion, and display overlay with graphics touchscreen HMI controls. Design specifications (Defined by HW Setup - CLICK to learn about possible improvements):
- Input video: 1024x1024 @22fps
- Output video: 800x480 @60fps
- Video output latency: slightly longer than 1 frame (varies due to the frame rate conversion)
- Rotation angle: 0-360° in 0.1° steps
- Used video throughput: ~ 24 Mpix/sec (< 50% of available throughput in this HW setup)
- Memory bandwidth utilization: ~ 15% of the available bandwidth
- Very low CPU utilization - used for calculation of homography transformation matrices only!