|logiREF-MEDIA-ZED reference design can be downloaded as a cross-platform Java JAR self-extracting installer. Please make sure that you have a copy of the JRE (Java Runtime Environment) version 6 or higher on your system to run Java applications and applets.
Double-click on the installer's icon to run the self-installing executable to unpack and install the reference design on your PC.
Click Photo to Enlarge!
|After installing the logiREF-MEDIA-ZED reference design for the ZedBoard from Avnet Electronics Marketing, please use the start.html file located in the installation root directory as a jump-start navigation page for exploring the reference design.
If you want to quickly run the precompiled graphics demo applications on your ZedBoard kit, please copy contents of the software/ready-for-download/linux_sd directory to the root directory on the FAT32 formatted SD card, plug the SD card, connect the PC monitor and power-on the setup board.
Setting Up the ZedBoard for Xylon's Precompiled Demos
For the most comfortable work with the precompiled Linux demos, Xylon recommends use of a keyboard and a mouse connected through an USB hub (can be passive) to the ZedBoard USB OTG connector (J13). You can also use reference design with no keyboard and run the majority of the provided demos by using on-board push-buttons. CLICK to open the User's Manual!
- Plug the Avnet FMC-IMAGEON into the on-board FMC connector
- Set the jumpers (Table bellow)
- Connect the HDMI or HDMI-to-DVI video cable to a PC monitor
- Plug in the speakers to LINE OUT connector
- Plug in an external audio source to the LINE IN connector
- Connect external video source to HDMI-IN on FMC-IMAGEON board
- Connect mouse and keyboard to the USB (OTG) or Ethernet cable for remote control
- Insert the programmed SD card into J12 slot
- Power on the board and wait on the Linux OS to boot
Running Demo Applications
| VBUS 5V EN
When you start the precompiled Xylon reference design, your ZedBoard will boot up to the graphical menu. Please use on-board push-buttons to navigate through the menu and select different demos.
For information about keyboard/mouse controls, please check the User's Manual
(Chapter 8). Read More:
- logiREF-MEDIA-ZED Description
- Design Requirements
- Design Deliverables
- Usage Scenarios - How to use it with the ZedBoard?