- Graphics accelerator IP core designed to support the OpenGL® ES 1.1 API
- Supports 3D graphics on Xilinx Zynq-7000 AP SoC, 7 series, Spartan®-6 and Virtex®-6 FPGA
- Conforms to the AMBA® AXI4 (Advanced eXtensible Interface 4) interface protocol
- FPGA resource-effective 3D graphics acceleration
- Geometry engine implemented in software saves programmable logic resources
- Rasterizer and post-filtering fully implemented in programmable logic
- Assembly code acceleration of geometry engine available for ARM® NEON™ coprocessor
- Currently supported OS is Linux, with support for other OSes planned for year 2012
- Compatible with Xilinx implementation tools
- Supported resolutions - up to 2048x2048 and higher Product is based on a published Khronos specification, and is expected to pass the Khronos Conformance Testing Process. Current conformance status can be found at www.khronos.org/conformance. logi3D IP Core Architecture
The logi3D IP core is designed for the most efficient Zynq-7000 implementations. It is carefully hardware/software partitioned to assure high graphics performance
and optimal FPGA utilization
Click Figure to Enlarge!
|The complex logi3D Geometry Engine is implemented in software, while the logi3D Rasterizer Engine works fully in the programmable logic. This HW/SW partitioning frees programmable logic resources to be utilized for other IP cores. |
The complete logi3D graphics accelerator can be implemented as a single block within the Zynq-7000 based SoC because the Zynq-7000 AP SoC provides the ARM Cortex™-A9 processors and programmable logic within the same chip.
The IP core's Rasterizer Engine can be also implemented in various Xilinx FPGA devices and controlled by an external processor which runs the logi3D IP core's Geometry Engine.
The intermediate data and fully rendered 3D scene must be stored in an external SDRAM memory. 3D graphics can be displayed on a TFT LCD display by way of the display (video) controller. Within the logicBRICKS IP library, Xylon offers the logiCVC-ML Compact Multilayered Video Controller
logi3D IP Core Deliverables
|The logi3D is a soft-IP core and its performance can be additionally increased by add-on modules, pixel processing parallelism, dedicated video memory subsystems and others. Xylon design service supports customized IP cores. |
- Encrypted VHDL source code compatible with the Xilinx Platform Studio and EDK tools
- OpenGL ES 1.1 software library
- Linux driver*
- Simple C demo application
- Documentation * The logi3D IP core currently works with Linux, Android™ and Microsoft® Windows® Embedded Compact 7 operating systems. Please contact Xylon to get more information about the software support. Additional Items
Xylon currently uses Xilinx Zynq-7000 ZC702 and ZC706 Evaluation Kits, and the ZedBoard™ development kit from Avnet Electronics Marketing, for developments with the logi3D Scalable 3D Graphics Accelerator IP core. CLICK
to see 3D demo running on the ZC702 board.
logi3D Licensing & Pricing
|Select and Download Xylon logicBRICKS reference designs for 2D and 3D graphics on Xilinx Zynq-7000 SoC and run it on your desk! |
The logi3D IP core is available as encrypted VHDL source and VHDL source code formats for immediate purchase from Xylon. The logi3D IP core license fees offered through Xylon's Low-Volume IP Program
(LVIP) start at €6,900 (< $9,900). Besides the LVIP licensing program, Xylon offers other flexible licensing options to fit customers' specific needs.
Visit our web shop
, or contact us