- Try Before Buy - No cost and no obligation!
- Supports Xilinx® Zynq®-7000 AP SoC and FPGAs
- Bridge controller between the serial SPI bus and the parallel AXI4 bus
- Works as a Slave controller on the SPI bus
- ARM® AMBA® AXI4 compliant master controller
- Supports SPI telegrams of different lengths: single transfers and burst transfer (up to 2KB, back-to-back)
- Supports SCLK frequency of up to 1/4 of the system clock (AXI4 clock)
- Supports all SPI clock polarity (CPOL) and phase (CPHA) combinations
- Prepared for Xilinx Vivado® and ISE® Design Suits
The logiSPI SPI to AXI4 Controller Bridge IP core from Xylon's logicBRICKS IP library enables easy inter-chip board-level interfacing between virtually any microcontroller (MCU) and Xilinx Zynq-7000 AP SoC and FPGAs through the Serial Peripheral Interface (SPI) bus. The SPI is a full-duplex synchronous four-wire serial interface between a single bus master, and one or more bus slave devices.
The logiSPI IP core enables easy implementations of Xilinx FPGA/SoC companion chips that expand the capabilities of the embedded host processor by adding missing host features and by offloading high-speed processing tasks. It works as the SPI Slave controller and a 32-bit master controller on the ARM AMBA Advanced eXtensible Interface (AXI4) on-chip bus. It accepts and decodes a number of command SPI telegrams and allows the MCU to control peripherals implemented in the Zynq-7000 SoC or FPGA, or communicate with on-chip processors. Implemented bursting mechanism allows for large (2Kbytes) data transfers between on-chip and off-chip memories controlled by Xilinx programmable devices.